This is a part time day course where you will attend one or two days a week ( dependant on work experience)
Session time 10:00am – 2:00pm
You will participate in competitions testing your skills and adding to your impressive CV.
The hairdressing industry offers diverse and varied careers as well as rewarding job opportunities, whether this is in top salons or as a session stylist working backstage for catwalk and fashion shows across the world or travelling the globe aboard cruise liners.
For those who enjoy meeting and dealing with people and who have a confident and outgoing personality, studying hairdressing at the HHA is an excellent choice. The industry is diverse and career opportunities exist locally, nationally and internationally.
This is a practical course, which is underpinned by a theoretical background. The necessary skills for this qualification will be learnt through a variety of situations, in a commercial salon and in theory lessons.
- Qualification: Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Duration: 1 Year
- Course Content: You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below.
- Style and Finish Hair
- Set and Dress Hair
- Cut Hair Using Basic Techniques
- Shampoo, Condition and Treat the Hair and Scalp
- Change Hair Colour
- Entry Requirements
- GCSE passes at Grade C or above in English, maths and science
- Successful interview and initial assessment
- Attendance at the skills test/ taster day
- You will need to demonstrate an enthusiasm for this subject area
- Progression: There are various opportunities for further study or employment upon successful completion of your course. Study options may include:
- Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Hairdressing
- Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
You will be assessed on a continuous basis within a realistic working environment. You will also be required to produce a portfolio of evidence to be certified by your assessors. Theoretical aspects of the programme will mainly be assessed through assignments and internal and external test papers.