This is a part time day course, you will attend one or two days a week ( dependant on work experience)
Session time 10:00am – 2:00pm
You will enjoy taking part in competition work and taking part in enrichment activities.
This course will give you the opportunity to develop and update your technical skills in advanced colouring, colour correction, hair extension, advanced cutting, and long hair. You will also gain an insight into the financial responsibility of running a business. The necessary skills for this qualification will be learnt through a variety of situations, in a commercial salon and in theory lessons. It is a practical course, which is underpinned by a theoretical background.
The programme is intended for hairstylists and technicians who are already qualified to the standard of Level 2 and is suitable for those wishing to further their technical skills in hairdressing. At Level 3 you may choose modules to meet your own particular needs and aspirations.
The Level 3 is an intensive course, which places high demands on the individual with regard to the level of self-motivation, dedication and enthusiasm required due to the amount of self-directed study.
- QUALIFICATION: Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- DURATION: 1 Year
- COURSE CONTENT: You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below:
- Creatively Cut Hair
- Colour Hair
- Creatively Style and Dress Hair
- Provide Creative Hair Extension Services
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Level 2 Hairdressing qualification
- Successful interview and initial assessment
- Attendance at the skills test/ taster day
- You will need to demonstrate an enthusiasm for this subject area
- PROGRESSION: There are various opportunities for further study or employment upon successful completion of your course. Study options may include:
- Advanced Hairdressing Techniques
- Level 4 Salon Management
You will be assessed on a continuous basis within a realistic working environment. You will also be required to produce a portfolio of evidence to be certified by your assessors. Theoretical aspects of the programme will mainly be assessed through assignments and internal and external test papers.